The beginning of a new year marks the beginning of a new awards season, which in the fashion world is almost as exciting as the new year itself. With more red carpets, elegant gowns, and comical hosts than I can count on one hand, paying attention to the trends of the season is more than fun. For those of you who settled on your couches with buckets of popcorn to watch last week’s Golden Globes, you’ve seen the looks your favorite stars sported in sunny California. If you happened to miss it, you’ve probably spend hours perusing celebrity blogs to catch a glimpse of the outfits, and we’re just dying to get our voices in the conversation. Here are our top 5 favorite Golden Globes looks of 2014:
1. Lupita Nyong’o. We love the cape on Lupita’s gown, plus the rich color is perfectly balanced by her choice of minimal accessories. Making daring choices can be daunting at an event as big as the Golden Globes, put Lupita pulled it off flawlessly.
2. Olivia Wilde. There is something so glamorous about a woman who knows she doesn’t need to show off skin to draw attention. Even cuter than the dress is the baby bump Olivia is showing off!
3. Naomi Watts. This glittering gown was a huge success–nothing screams awards like a little sparkle. The tiny cutouts on this dress also add a little funk to a classic piece.
4. Jessica Chastain. Jessica is a champion of the classy, Old Hollywood glamour look, and this outfit was no exception. The sweetheart neckline and dramatic jewels make this look extra fabulous.
5. Last but not least, Amy Adams. Everything about this dress screams risk: the plunging neckline, open back, and hue juxtaposed with her hair color. We love that the starlet made a statement on the red carpet this year.
Well, what were your favorite red carpet looks? Don’t forget to stop into Frankie’s for all our dressy pieces to recreate your favorite red carpet styles!